1. How did Captain Sully’s A320 remain afloat even after landing on water?
Ans: To prepare for ditching as per procedure one has to press the DITCHING pb on the CABIN PRESS control panel to close the outflow valve, the emergency ram air inlet, the avionics ventilation inlet and extract valves, the pack flow control valves, and the FWD cargo outlet isolation valve.
It closes all the valves of the aircraft that are below the waterline and helps the aircraft remain afloat for some time, so that an evacuation is successful.
2. What is the maximum and minimum temperature you can set for the cabin and cockpit of an A320?
Ans: Zone temperature selector ‐
- 12 o’clock position: 24 °C (76 °F)
- COLD position: 18 °C (64 °F)
- HOT position: 30 °C (86 °F).
3. How much portable water is stored in an A320?
Ans: Portable water is stored in a 200L water tank located in front of the wing box, behind the FWD cargo compartment.
To go to the previous Quiz, Click here.