Virgin Atlantic has resumed services from Delhi to London Heathrow on the B787-9 Dreamliner. The airline would soon resume flying from London Heathrow to Mumbai, Tel Aviv, Atlanta and Lagos throughout September, with additional routes being added throughout 2020 followed by a further, gradual recovery through 2021 in line with customer demand.
Alex McEwan, Country Manager – India at Virgin Atlantic commented: “We’re incredibly excited to resume services from Delhi and looking forward to resuming soon from Mumbai. It feels great to welcome our customers back onboard and flying them safely to their destinations. Our teams and crew onboard have been working exceptionally hard to deliver the experience we know our customers love. The initial feedback from our customers on our restart services has been overwhelmingly encouraging, flying safe and well, returning to the skies with confidence”.
Virgin Atlantic is also expanding its onboard offering to increase its food and beverages service onboard for customers whilst continuing to ensure the services are designed to limit interaction, and the food is enclosed and controlled from preparation in a Covid-safe, monitored environment to the moment it is served.
From September 1, 2020 Virgin Atlantic customers will now be able to enjoy the following:
- A hot food service in all cabins with Economy and Premium Economy customers enjoying a “Fly safe, eat well” meal box, which incorporates a choice of three hot meals, cheese and biscuits and a dessert pot. Upper Class customers will receive a choice of three hot meals, dessert, cheese plate & crackers and a ciabatta roll, all delivered to their seat on a tray.
- An expanded alcohol service to include champagne, miniature liquors and mixers as well as beer & wine in Upper Class and a choice of beer, wine and miniature liquors & mixers in Economy and Premium
- A second meal service which, on day flights from the UK, includes the delicious Mile High Tea in collaboration with celebrity pâtissier Eric Lanlard in all cabins. In Upper Class, this is accompanied by a glass of chilled champagne. On night flights, the second service will feature a choice of hot breakfast entrees, accompanied by a seasonal fresh fruit selection and sweet pastry, and in Premium and Economy a breakfast box with yoghurt and fruit, served alongside a warm pastry. The second service is served with a hot beverage of PG Tips tea or Change Please coffee.
- In Upper Class, we are reintroducing a selection of sweet and savoury snacks to enjoy throughout the flight, from Corkers crisps to Olves olives, Sweet & Salty Cloud corn to Sour watermelon candy, Walkers biscuits and much more. For anyone who’s peckish in Premium we’ll see the return of the much loved Wander Wall offering a range of delicious snacks. In Economy customers can enjoy an extra snack as part of the upgraded meal box
- A choice of new delicious special meals, including lacto-ovo vegetarian and kosher from September 1, 2020 and vegan, halal, low lactose, gluten friendly -amongst others- from October 1, 2020.
Virgin Atlantic flying schedule departing to London Heathrow Terminal 2 (subject to change)
Flight schedule below:
|Flight No.||Effective Date||Frequency||Departure Airport||Departure Time||Arrival Airport||Arrival Time|
|VS302||01-Sep-20||Tue, Thu, Sat||LHR||11:30||DEL||00:30 (+1)|
|VS303||02-Sep-20||Wed, Fri, Sun||DEL||02:30||LHR||07:15|
|VS354*||16-Sep-20||Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat||LHR||10:30||BOM||00:05 (+1)|
|VS355*||17-Sep-20||Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun||BOM||02:15||LHR||07:00|
*Subject to any applicable regulatory approvals
Virgin Atlantic operates temporarily from Terminal 2 at Heathrow, due to HAL’s terminal consolidation. Virgin Atlantic will return to its much loved home at London Heathrow Terminal 3 when demand at Heathrow grows, enabling Terminal 3 to reopen