De-stress your skin and get ready for an ultra radiant summer with these skincare tips.
- Hydrating your skin is the secret to skin looking radiant.
- Give a skip to heavy creams and moisturisers and wear lighter ones in summer.
- The mantra is to know your skin type and use only skin specific products to cleanse, tone, hydrate and purify for overwhelming results.
- Only mature and very dry skin types should apply a night cream.
- Other skin types should allow the skin to breathe after cleansing and toning at night in this hot summer.
- Don’t forget your under eye gel or cream every single day to ensure that sparkle.
- Take 1 tsp.of plain milk powder (without added sugar) and mix with 2 tbsp. of regular boiled, cold milk. Exfoliate twice a week with a scrub for 3 to 4 minutes and rinse with this milk instead of water.
- Oily skins can go with water based or gel based moisturisers after toning the skin.
- Mud has the properties to deep cleanse and purify your skin so apply a mud pack twice a week after exfoliation.
- Nourishing or hydrating masks, repair or collagen sheet masks used twice a week in the summer months will add to the natural glow.
- Make the necessary life style changes to nourish and hydrate skin from within.
- Washing acne prone skin twice a day is enough as over doing this regime can disturb the protective acid mantle of the skin leading to more skin problems.
- An extremely mandatory but often forgotten part of skincare is removing your makeup at night. Makeup left on at night can damage and age your skin considerably so don’t forget to give yourself those five minutes before retiring.
- Avoid excessive use of concealers to hide blemishes.
- Remember the more you try to hide your acne the more you would need to hide so aim towards improving the skin rather than conceal it.
- Sunscreen is important for all skin types so be careful in picking up the right one in summer, avoid the heavy creamy variety.
- Lastly use a primer to cover open pores and smoothen out the entire skin texture and voila you are all prepped up for perfect even tone makeup.
To read more on beauty, Click here.