Fresh Alphonso Mango – 2 cups peeled and pureed.
For the layers of the dessert:
- Crushed digestive biscuits – 1 cup, can also use oatmeal, bran cookies etc. OR
- Try using crumbled chocolate brownies/sponge cake/ fresh brown bread crumbs
To prepare the vermicelli layer of the pudding:
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 and a 1/2 cup
- Vermicelli – 1/2 cup roasted seviyan
- Jaggery – 2 tbsp or
- Chopped dates – 2 tbsp
- Assorted nuts – 2 tbsp
- Elaichi powder – 1/4 tsp
- Prepare the mango puree and keep chilled.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add in the vermicelli, milk and jaggery/sugar and mix well.
- Allow to simmer for 10-12 mins, stir well and let it thicken slightly like a custard.
- Turn off the flame, cool slightly in order to get it ready for the layering.
- Use dessert bowls/glasses to layer this dessert, start with the mango puree, then add the crumbled brownies/crushed biscuits/crumbed bread etc. and top with the vermicelli custard and nuts.
- Repeat the layers, top with mango puree at the top and nuts to garnish, allow to chill for 30-45 mins and serve.
Chefs Variations: Try preparing a sheera concept with combination of whole wheat flour and sooji use soy milk, and jaggery. Use tender coconut malai in a shredded format while layering it with the mango and nuts.
For more delicious recipes, Click here.