Lasagne sheets- 12 to 16 nos (raw/boiled)
For the layers:
Olive Oil – 1
Butter – 1
Bayleaf – 2
Peppercorns – 4 to 5 nos
Garlic – 1 tsp chopped
Onion – ½ cup chopped
Tomato puree – 1 cup
Chicken kheema – 1 and a half cup
Green peas – ½ cup boiled
Salt and pepper to taste
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
White wine – 2 tbsp/30 ml – optional
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Sliced olives – 4 to 6 nos
White sauce – 2 to 3 cups
Grated cheese – ½ cup
Oregano/mixed herbs/chilli flakes as needed
- Prepare the lasagna sheets, fresh or dried ones both can be used.
- To prepare the filling for the layers, heat oil and butter, add in the whole spices, garlic, onions and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in the chicken keema and peas, saute for 2 mins, add salt, spices and puree.
- Add 1 tsp dry maida mix well for 2 mins, add little water or chicken stock and allow the mince to cook for 12 to 15 mins on low flame, add any assorted blanched veggies as well if desired, for vegetarians, sliced mushrooms, paneer, capsicum, spinach, broccoli etc. may be used.
- Once cooked, remove from flame and start the layering process. Grease a baking dish with little butter, place white sauce at the base, layer the lasagne sheets, place the mince mixture with coriander leaves, cover with sheets, spread some cheese and white sauce and repeat the layers.
- Pre-heat an oven to 160 degrees Celsius and place the dish for baking in the oven for 12 to 18 mins until cheese becomes brown at the surface.
- Remove and serve hot with garlic bread.