- Pasta of your choice: Penne/Fusilli/Macaroni – 2 cups boiled
For Florentine Sauce:
- Spinach puree – 1 cup
- Salt and black pepper powder to taste
- Butter -1 tbsp
- Refined flour – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Grated cheese – 2 tbsp
- To saute the vegetables/meat:
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp chopped
- Onions – 2 tbsp chopped
- Mixed herbs and chilli flakes to taste
- Assorted veggies like carrots/zucchini, corn etc.
- For non-vegetarians, boiled diced chicken, sliced roast meat, ham/salami/sausages etc. can be used as well.
- Black/green olives – 3 to 4 for garnish
- Toasted nuts/roasted almonds/pine nuts etc. for garnish
- Prepare all the ingredients for the recipe.
- Heat a little oil, add the garlic and onions and saute for a few seconds, add in the boiled/pre-cooked vegetables/meat and toss for 2 mins, add a little salt, pepper, herbs, chilli flakes and keep aside.
- Heat butter and flour in another saucepan, whisk well for 15 seconds, add in the milk, mix well, add in the spinach puree, little water, seasonings, herbs, chilli flakes, mix well.
- Add in the sauteed vegetables/meat and mix well, add in the boiled pasta and cook together for 2 mins.
- Serve hot, garnished with olives, cheese, nuts etc.
- Try using soaked soy chunks in this recipe and saute it with the vegetables.
- For non-vegetarian variations add diced hard-boiled eggs, cooked chicken liver, slices of cooked seekh kebabs etc.
For more delicious recipes, Click here.