2, fresh alphonso mangoes, peeled and cut into medium cubes.
For the Salsa Mix:
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp chopped
- Spring onion – 2 onions chopped
- Green chilli – 1 chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Roasted crushed cumin – 1/4 tsp
- Capsicums – 1/4 cup cut into small cubes
- Mint and coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Lime juice – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Chili flakes to taste
- Fresh herbs – basil etc. 2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Olives/ gherkins/capers as desired to add a tang to the salsa.
Serve with: Savoury crackers as preferred.
- Prepare all the ingredients for the salsa as per choice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in the garlic, spring onions, chilli, capsicums and saute them for 1 min, add in the seasonings to taste, add cumin and mix well.
- Remove the mixture into a bowl, allow to cool, add in lime, vinegar, chilli flakes, herbs, tomato sauce/chilli sauce, olives etc. as per taste and mix well.
- Finally add in the mango and mint, coriander and basil if being used. Allow to chill for 15-20 mins and serve with crackers as a snack!
Chef’s Variations: Can also use this mango salsa in wraps and rolls, it goes well with sliced roast chicken/ sausages/ fish etc.
For more delicious recipes, Click here.