Marinated cottage cheese/tofu with peppers on skewers served with a nutty dip
For the skewers:
- Cottage cheese/paneer/tofu – 200 gms cut into squares
- Assorted capsicums – 1 cup red/green/yellow
- Additional – onion cubes/ tomato cubes as desired
For the marination:
- Oil/olive oil/sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp mix
- Salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- Roasted crushed cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/4 tsp
- Lime juice – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Hung curd – 1/2 cup beaten up with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
For the dip:
- Peanut butter – 2 tbsp mix with little warm water to blend it
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp
- Spring onions – 1/2 cup chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp optional
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Olives & parsley to taste
- Prepare the cottage cheese/tofu cubes and other colourful veggies and apply the marination mix on them, keep aside for 10-15 mins. Can use chicken cubes/prawns/fish cubes as well.
- Using a grill pan/oven tray/non-stick pan cook the set skewers on all sides for 2 mins approx. To bake, put it in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 12-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the dip, heat oil in a pan, add in the garlic, onions and saute. Add in the peanut butter with little warm water to blend it well, add the other ingredients. Mix well, cook on a low flame for 3 mins, turn off the flame, cool it down then add the mayonnaise, sliced olives, crushed peanuts, parsley etc. if desired and the dip is ready to be served with the skewers.
For more delicious recipes, Click here.