- Cottage cheese/ Paneer – 250gms, cut into cubes/slices
For the marination:
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Lime juice – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Chili sauce – 1 tsp
- White vinegar – 1 tsp
- Mixed herbs – 1 tsp
For coating the paneer:
- Cornflour and Maida – 1 cup, mix
- Oil to shallow fry/deep fry
For the sauce:
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Mixed herbs – 1/2 tsp
- Quarters of onions – 1 cup
- Dices of capsicums – 1 cup
- Red chili & green chili sauce – 1 tbsp each
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Schezuan sauce – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Cornflour solution – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Roasted crushed peanuts – 1 tbsp
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Prepare all the ingredients for the garnish.
- Marinate the paneer cubes and keep aside for 10 mins, coat with dry maida and cornflour mixture and fry, allow to cool.
- Heat oil, and saute the ingredients for the sauce, add onions and capsicums, add water bring to a boil, add cornflour solution.
- Add in the fried paneer cubes, cook for 1 min.
- Serve hot garnished with herbs, greens, peanuts.
- Try the same recipe for non-veg with chicken/fish/prawns. For more veggie options, use baby corn, cauliflower, broccoli or tofu.
- You can try making it healthier by placing the marinated paneer onto a baking tray instead of frying.
For more recipes, Click here.