Herb Crusted Fish With The Chef’s Special Dip
- Boneless Fish – 400gms fillets (bassa/salmon)
For the marination:
- Olive oil/oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Mustard paste – 1 tsp
- Salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- White wine – 2 tbsp/ White vinegar – 1 tsp
- Dried mixed herbs – 1 tsp oregano/basil etc.
For the herb crust on the fish:
- Breadcrumbs – 1 cup, white or brown bread
- Melted butter – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp chopped
- Ginger juice – 1 tbsp
- Chili flakes – 1 tsp
- Chopped parsley- 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Powdered assorted nuts – 2 tbsp almonds/walnuts/cashews
Mix all these ingredients together in a bowl and keep ready to be placed on the fish before baking.
For the Chef’s Special Dip:
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
- Cream cheese – 1 tbsp
- Chopped dill leaves – 1 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Capsico/tabasco sauce – 1 tsp
- Mint leaves – 8 to 10
- White wine – 2 tbsp or a dash of vinegar
Mix well and chill, serve it with the baked fish
- Prepare all the ingredients for the baked fish.
- Marinate the fish and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Place the marinated fish on a lightly greased baking tray, pre-heat oven to 160 deg., place the herb crumb mixture on each piece of the fish and cover with a foil/butter paper. Bake it for 12-15 mins, open the foil and brown the crust further for 3- 4 mins, serve hot.
For more delicious recipes, Click here.