For the base of the salad:
Assorted lettuce leaves – Iceberg lettuce/romaine/Lollo rosso, can also use purple or white cabbage leaves as well.
For the body of the salad:
- Boiled chicken cubes/grilled paneer/tofu cubes – 1 cup
- Blanched sprouts/boiled rajma/chana/chauli – 1/2 cup
- Boiled pasta of your choice/cooked brown rice/oats – 1/2 cup
- Shredded capsicums – 1/2
For the dressing of the salad:
- 1 avocado, ripe, peeled and cut
- Basil leaves – 1 cup
- Garlic – 1 tsp chopped
- Limejuice – 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Chilled water – 2 tbsp
- Cashews/ peanuts/walnuts – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 8 to 10
- Hung curd/mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
For the garnish of the salad:
Microgreens/cubed red-yellow capsicums/olives/cheese shavings/cherry tomatoes/ melon seeds.
- Prepare all the ingredients for the salad.
- In a chutney-grinder combine all the ingredients for the dressing and churn well, add it to the beaten hung curd in a mixing bowl and check for seasoning.
- Just before serving the salad, add the pre-prepped body of the salad as per choice and toss well.
- On a salad plate/bowl place the assorted lettuce or greens of your choice, portion the salad, garnish appropriately and serve.
For more healthy recipes, Click here.