- Broccoli – 300 gms, cleaned and cut into florets, blanched in boiling salted water for 3 to 4 mins
- Pasta of your choice – Penne/macaroni/fusilli/farfalle – 2 cups boiled
- Parmesan/processed cheese – 30 to 50 gms
- White sauce – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp chopped
- Spring onions – 2 nos chopped
To add to the body of the pasta :
- Cherry tomatoes – 100 gms
- Olives – 3 to 4 sliced
- Chicken salami/ham/sausages – 50 gms, sliced
- Veggies like mushrooms/zucchini, babycorn, bell peppers can be added as well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil or oregano to taste
- Chili flakes to taste
- Prepare all the ingredients for the recipe.
- Boil the pasta, blanch the broccoli, prepare white sauce.
- Heat butter in a pan, add in the onions and saute them, add garlic and the non-veg ingredients and toss.
- Add in the pasta, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Add in the white sauce and cook for 2 to 3 mins and serve hot garnished with cheese and olives/herbs of your choice and serve with garlic bread.
Chef’s variations : Try adding roast meats/chicken/ grilled seafood etc. as a variety to the same recipe.
For more on Quick fix salads, click here.