- Sliced bread brown/white – 3 to 4 slices
- Milk – 500 ml
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Dates – 4 to 5 chopped
- Green cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cashews/almonds/raisins – 2 tbsp chopped
- Ripe banana – 2, peeled and sliced
- Peanut butter – 2 tsp
- Mava pedha – 2 to 3
- Custard sauce – 1 cup vanilla flavoured or rabdi
- Fresh fruit as per choice for garnish/plating
- In a saucepan, warm the milk, add the dates, peanut butter and cardamom powder, simmer for 10 mins. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Apply butter on the bread slices, cut into cubes, in a greased baking dish, spread some custard or rabdi at the base sprinkle nuts, crumbled pedha sliced bananas, cubes of bread. Sprinkle a little brown sugar if desired on the bread cubes.
- Spoon over the warm milk with the dates on the bread pieces, repeat the process, cover with foil and bake the pudding for 15 mins covered and then 10 minutes without the foil.
- Garnish with sweet cream/fruit toppings/assorted fresh fruits/chocolate chips/cherries and serve warm.
For more delicious recipes, Click here.