Ingredients : Iceberg lettuce leaves, 1 cup, cleaned, washed and rinsed with chilled water.
For the stuffing :
- Carrots – 1 cup, cut into sticks
- Spring onion greens – 1/4 cup chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roasted almonds/peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Boiled chicken – 1 cup, cubes
- Boiled beans of your choice – 1/4 cup
- Hung curd – 1 cup
- Chilli flakes and mixed herbs to taste.
- Shredded cabbage – 1/4 cup
- Fruit of your choice – Apple/pear/figs to be cut into cubes
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Mustard paste – 1 tsp
- Prepare all the ingredients for the healthy lettuce cups.
- In a mixing bowl combine together the ingredients for the dressing, mix hung curd, mustard paste, salt, pepper, honey, herbs, chilli flakes, if you like you can add some white wine as well.
- Add in the chicken along with the cabbage and fruits of your choice and mix well.
- Pat dry the lettuce cups and stuff them with the prepared filling and top it up with carrot sticks, greens of your choice, micro-greens, almonds or peanuts and add a dash of chaat masala just before serving it.
Chef’s Variations :
Try a filling with cooked soya granules or chunks indian style and coat it with a chilli mayo or pesto mayo.
For the non-vegetarian options we can also try sautéed prawns or shrimps with a mayo cream cheese dressing and macaroni pasta, with some roasted pine nuts for the crunch.