For the base of the salad: Assorted lettuce leaves- 1 cup (iceberg/lollo rosso /cos/chicory/endive)
For the body of the salad:
- Broccoli – 300 gms cut into florets and blanched
- Dates – 3 to 4 sliced
- Cherry tomatoes – 4 to 5 cut 1 x 4
- Red capsicums – 1 no shredded
- Fresh sprouts – 1 cup, washed
For the dressing:
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Sliced almonds – 1 tbsp
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Lime juice/vinegar -1 tbsp
- Mustard paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala – ½ tsp
- Cumin pd – ¼ tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the garnish of the salad : Assorted herbs/ nuts/ seeds
- Prepare all ingredients for the salad.
- Toss the dressing separately and keep ready.
- In a mixing bowl add the body of the salad and pour dressing just before serving.
- Toss well, garnish appropriately, serve chilled
Chef’s variations :
- Try adding boiled chicken cubes and sour cream or cream cheese to the dressing.
- You can also use grilled vegetables with paneer or tofu.
- Leftover non-veg starters like chicken tikka, sauteed prawns/ roast meat can also be used.
For more on Quick fix salads, click here.