- Lasagne sheets – 12 to 16, fresh or dry sheets
For the filling/layers of the lasagne
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Sliced ginger – 1 tsp
- Sliced garlic – 1 tsp
- Slit red chillies – 2 nos
- Spring onions/onion – ¼ cup sliced
- Thai red/green curry paste – 2 tbsp
- Paneer – ½ cup crumbled
- Chopped colourful capsicums – ½ cup
- Sliced mushrooms – ½ cup
- Boiled mashed potatoes – ½ cup
- Boiled cubes of carrots and peas – ½ cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil leaves – 10 to 12 nos
- Grated cheese – ½ cup
- White sauce – 1 cup
- Sliced olives – 6 to 8 nos
- Prepare the lasagne sheets and keep aside.
- To prepare the filling for the layers, heat the oil and butter, add in the red chillies, sliced ginger, garlic, onions and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in the curry paste, a little water or stock, add in the veggies of your choice, at this stage you may also add cubes of boneless chicken/cleaned prawns etc. for non-veg options.
- Saute the paneer/tofu for 2 mins, add salt and pepper, add a little stock/water to allow cooking of the veggies, add in the coconut milk and let it thicken into a semi-dry mixture.
- Remove and keep aside. Grease a baking dish with butter and place the sheets at the base, spread out the cooked veggie mixture and cover with the sheets, white sauce, cheese, mixed herbs/chilli flakes/olives to be added as per taste.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 12 to 18 mins until well browned at the surface and serve with masala garlic pav/garlic toasties.