Every girl wants to look her best on her wedding day, this is one day where you’re going to be the absolute centre of attraction and naturally the conversation will also revolve around your attire, makeup and overall appearance, so be certain to go through the entire preparation and make sure everything is perfect.
This will obviously require some research and impeccable planning of course, so start working on yourself and all the minutest details six months in advance to avoid any last-minute hiccups.
Some things to keep in mind :
- Start with a healthy, nutritious well-planned diet. You want all your outfits to look fabulous, so why not give yourself that little push and follow a diet plan which will work from within to make you glow.
- Include regular sessions of yoga or a good exercise regime for these months to boost your energy levels, much needed during this time.
- Schedule your visits to the dermatologist and dentist if required. Don’t wait till later and no popping of any pills without the doctors advice.
Work on a dedicated skincare routine at home and professionally. Start facials or peels depending on your skin type and requirement, the non-invasive peels are a better option. Beauty rituals need specific attention without getting too adventurous. Stick to tried and tested products for your skin as trying something new on your skin may not always be the best idea. Be careful and do not get carried away by hearsay, it would not be a good idea to land up with skin problems at this stage because curing any kind of skin disorder at this time will be a herculean task and you certainly don’t have the time or the inclination for any last-minute tension on this score at least when you already have so much else to take care of. Include your fiance in the skin and hair treatments, it’s a great idea and can be fun if done together.
- If you started prepping your skin six months in advance then you can totally avoid the hydrating skin booster injections which are the talk of the town these days.
- Body spa, hair spa and hair treatments should be planned at regular intervals. Get that sheen and shine on your tresses.
- Chemical treatments like keratin, smoothening, hair colour or highlights cannot be done too early so these appointments should be scheduled for 3 to 4 days before the wedding as hair regrowth can be a major issue here. Make sure you have set that time aside as these cannot be done in a hurry.
- Give some extra pampering to your hands, feet and body exfoliation as they are an important part of you and need all the love and care.
- Check out your makeup artist and decide the looks you want for various functions, get the demos if required well before the big day. Makeup for guys if done well also looks amazing especially for photographs.
- Take references from friends and family and book your photoshoot. Traditional or contemporary wedding shoots are both very good options. Pay the advance payments if required and make confirmed bookings.
- Coordination is very much in vogue, from the colours of the decor at different functions to colour coordination of the groom and brides clothes, this effect looks absolutely awesome.
Your beauty essential kit should always be your priority when packing bags for the shift after the marriage rituals are over. Keep a separate bag packed and ready.