Our skin is the largest organ of the body and caring for it the natural way can do wonders for its health. The skin has the capacity to absorb, so the time, love and care ‘TLC’ you give it will only come back as a “blessing” manifold. Facial skin needs tremendous care as it is exposed maximum to external conditions.
Try these simple and effective home remedies to keep your skin healthy and nourished
- Grind 2 table spoon of Quaker oats and 1 table spoon rice. Mix together and save in a jar. Take 1 tea spoon and mix with egg white. Apply on your face and leave it to dry for 20 minutes. Now dab cold milk and scrub off the mask. This will work as exfoliation and face mask together at the same time for oily, combination and dry skin.
- Mash one ripe banana in a bowl, add 1tsp. Manuka honey and mix well. Apply this mixture all over the face and neck, massaging with the mixture for 5 minutes. Now leave this on your face for 20 minutes, rinse and watch the amazing glow and smoothness of your face. Ideal for all skin types.
- The oranges we eat are full of Vitamin C so it is a great way to scrub and massage your skin with the orange peel which is loaded with vitamin C. Cut into pieces the peel of one orange and soak it in 3 tbsp. of water overnight. Grind the peels well in the same water. Next sieve the juice and keep the juice and pulp in separate bowls. Rub your face well with the orange pulp and rinse. Now dab orange juice on your face and let it sit on your face for another 15 minutes. After rinsing, experience a fabulous glow with Vitamin C enriched skin.
- Tomatoes are natural whiteners and deep cleansers. If used every day, they can shrink open pores and reduce oiliness. Cut a juicy red tomato into half and rub it on your face and neck daily for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Wash and apply a Multani mitti pack twice a week to see clear skin as it reduces the oiliness on your face.
- For a deep cleansing effect for normal to oily skin, apply a mixture of 1tbsp. Gram flour and 2 tbsp. curd to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it off. Gram flour and yoghurt together will give clarity and an even skin tone when used regularly. Gram flour mixed with turmeric and curd is also very effective and has an antibacterial effect on the skin.
- For a lightening effect to take tan off your face, mix turmeric, lemon juice and curd. Give a 5-minute massage and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Winters can leave your skin dry and flaky. To keep this at bay grind a few almonds well and mix with honey. Apply this paste to your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a slice of papaya, mash it well and squeeze a lemon into it, apply it over your face and neck. Keep it on for 15 minutes and rinse.
- A paste of turmeric and neem (margosa) leaves together works as a natural mask for acne. Apply and leave on for 15 minutes and wash off with milk. Alternatively, boil neem leaves and store the boiled water in a bottle. Use this water to wash your acne every day to see the difference. Read more | Night care skin routine.
For more such beauty tips and tricks, Click here.