Q.1 Can you suggest some home remedies for haircare. My hair is thinning over the past one year.
Ans.1 Hair fall is a problem many of us face at some point of time in our lives and can often be revived and repaired with constant care and treatment with many home remedies. Listed here are 5 home remedies to help control hair fall and improve hair texture.
- Soak fenugreek (methi) seeds overnight and grind to a smooth paste, use the same water in which you soaked it to make a natural hair mask. Apply this on your hair, scalp and length of the hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes. This will increase hair growth and impart sheen to dull hair.
- Grate the juice of one raw onion, add a tablespoon of pure aloevera gel to it. Mix well and apply to hair roots.This will provide renewed strength to each hair follicle.
- Bhringraj oil, olive oil and jojoba oil have properties to directly enter the hair shaft and give elasticity to hair. A gentle massage with these oils will reduce hair dryness, stimulate blood circulation on the scalp which in turn will activate the hair follicle that is directly related to improving hair growth.
- Eggs are rich in protein, zinc and sulphur. Mix honey with eggs and avocado to make a mask to enhance hair growth. Whip the mixture well and apply on the scalp and the entire hair length for increased nourishment.
- Curd is a natural source of vitamins and a super nourishing food for hair. Mix one cup of curd with one lemon freshly squeezed into it. Mix well and cover your hair with it from root to tip. Let it stay on your hair for 20 to 30 minutes. Shampoo, condition, rinse well and watch the miraculous benefits of this hair mask within two to three weeks of regular use .
Q.2 Every time I wash my hair I have a problem of fly away hair. I can feel the static in my hair and it becomes embarrassing.
Ans.2 Normally hair gets static when there is lack of moisture in the air and each hair strand literally repels away from each other. You need to use a natural bristle hair brush to calm down fly away hair because nylon hair brushes stir electricity. Shampoo, condition and after semi drying your hair take four to five drops of argan oil in your palms and apply from the roots to the ends of the hair distributing evenly all over the hair. The argan oil with the warmth of your hands will keep the fly away hair at bay. Alternatively an anti frizz product or hair spray used sparingly can also help control fly away hair. Avoid using the hair spray directly on your hair, instead put hair spray on the brush and and then use the same brush to settle the fly away hair.
Q.3 I am pregnant and have developed dark patches on my cheeks and nose all of a sudden. Cannot understand what it is and am wondering if I can get rid of it.
Ans.3 Many women develop this condition during pregnancy. It is called Chloasma or the “mask of pregnancy” and it appears in the shape of a butterfly starting from the nose and extending towards both the cheeks like butterfly wings. The dark patches formed are very similar to pigmentation. It is triggered by a change in hormones and normally appears in the early months of pregnancy. Application of sunscreen is very important to prevent the chloasma patches from getting darker as exposure to the sun’s radiation can make them worse. These patches of chloasma will invariably disappear after a few months of delivering your baby but there are chances that in some women these patches do not go away easily so this condition would require treatment with lightening creams. Reversal of the skin colour to its normal shade might take upto a year as the hormones stabilise gradually. Chloasma care creams are gentle and help in reducing the discolouration on the face provided you apply them regularly.
For much beauty, tips and tricks, Click here.