Q1. I have very fine hair, can you please guide me on how to curl and set my hair giving it some volume.
Ans: Curling with tongs is the easiest and best way to add curls, texture, and volume to your thin hair.
- First and foremost invest in a good set of tongs, since your hair is fine, avoid a bigger diameter barrel of the tong. A medium one should work on your hair type.
- Shampoo and condition hair, then use a volumizer on towel dried hair.
- Now blast dry with a dryer using only your fingers as a comb, with your head turned upside down, so that you can start drying your hair at the nape area first.
- Once dry, brush your hair back and section into four equal parts.
- Preheat the tongs for 3 to 4 minutes and start winding up the hair taking four more sections in each of the previous four sections you made earlier. You will have great control on your hair while working with this technique and will surely find it easy to tong.
- Tease the hair with a teasing comb or brush at the crown area. Now, again with your head upside down shake the curls with your fingers without using a comb. Set with a curling spray from a distance of 5 to 6 inches and then toss the hair back. The curling spray will enhance the effect of the curls resulting in beautifully tousled hair.
- You can gently pull out a few tendrils on your cheeks to finish the look and finally dress your hair adding a few diamantes or crystals for a more glamorous effect.
Q2. What is the best way to give depth to my eyes with eyeshadow?
Ans: Ace the glam look by applying your eyeshadow with some practice and perfection.
- Using a brush, first create your crease line with a dark colour.
- Now go over this colour with another colour of the same family in back and fro motions giving a smooth even finish.
- Next, apply a small amount of eyeshadow on your eyes and blend with a clean shadow brush, then add a little more of the same colour and blend again.
You will be amazed to see the results of this eye enhancing eyeshadow tip as building up layers gives the required depth and keeps the shadow crease-free.
Q3. I need to buy a wig due to my illness. What is the correct way to ensure I get the right wig?
Ans: Wigs serve a practical replacement for many people who have suffered hair loss due to illnesses. Wigs are made of either human or synthetic hair and are the perfect option during those tough times, human hair wigs are definitely more expensive than the others as the look and feel of these is much more natural. Wigs are either machine made or hand-knotted, however most of the wigs these days are a combination of both where the wig is mostly machine-made but hand-done, around the face and on the crown area, entirely handmade or totally synthetic varieties are also available.
The fitting of the wig needs to be perfect to achieve that very close to natural-looking hair effect, and in some cases, it is impossible to tell the difference. Custom made wigs are made to proper measurements and specifications. The circumference of the head and the length from the front to the nape of the head will be measured. The colour can be decided with swatches and the length measured according to personal need and requirement. Styling like leaving a few bangs in front or around the face can all be customised.
Needless to say the wig will also give a very secure fit and it can be shampooed and blow-dried regularly with a little care.
For more on Beauty, Click here.