So, you’ve got a call and you’re going for that all-important interview, remember it’s a make or break situation and first impressions are of paramount importance. In my last video, we discussed the need to be well-groomed and presentable, in today’s video I’m going to share with you a list of DON’TS. So make sure you DON’T do any of these :
- Do Not wear casual clothes for your interview – Be dressed in smart formal attire
- Do Not wear casual or torn shoes, formal shoes are a must, preferably solid colours
- Do Not display tattoos and piercings
- Do Not chew gum during the interview
- Do Not wear tacky makeup
- Do Not wear chunky jewellery, you aren’t going for a wedding, accessorise in a minimal, classy way
- Do Not go with crazy highlights and hair styles that aren’t appropriate, as a rule of thumb, if your hair can reach your shoulders, it should be tied back.
- Do Not walk in with chipped nails, this is important for guys too. Make sure your nails are nicely painted and not chipped, get a manicure, and a pedicure before your interview.
- Do Not be sweaty, it’s very essential to smell good
- Do Not be grumpy …smile
This might seem like a lot of rules but trust me your efforts will go a long way and help you become a better-groomed cabin crew.
Keep smiling and may you get your wings soon!