Radio frequency or electromagnetic energy is a form of non-ionizing radiation. When an RF current is supplied to an antenna, an electromagnetic field (EMF) is created to carry the signal through space. Electric and magnetic waves are emitted. This is the basis for wireless broadcasting(radio, TV) and communications (cell phones, wifi).
- Extremely Low (ELF) 3-30 Hz
- Super Low (SLF) 30-300 Hz
- Ultra-Low (ULF) 300-3000 Hz
- Very Low (VLF) 3-30 KHz
- Low Frequency (LF) 30-300 KHz
- Medium Frequency (MF) 300-3000 KHz
- High Frequency (HF) 3-30 MHz
- Very High (VHF) 30-300 MHz
- Ultra High (UHF) 300-3000 MHz
- Super High (SHF) 3-30 GHz
- Extremely High (EHF) 30-300 GHz
For more aviation trivia, Click here.