Bread: French bread/any bread of your choice like whole wheat/multi-grain
For the Spread options: Butter/ cream cheese/peanut butter/tahini paste
For the Filling:
Fresh assorted lettuce leaves- 1 cup iceberg/lollo rosso/ cos lettuce etc.
Chicken Breast – Boneless, 450 gms to be marinated with little olive oil, salt, crushed pepper, little mustard paste, keep aside for 20 mins, cook the chicken in a non-stick pan/or bake/roast in the oven, cool, slice it.
For the Veggie add on’s in the sandwich:
- Cucumber slices – ½ cup
- Tomato slices – ¼ cup
- Sliced onion – 1 no
- Salt and pepper for the veggies
- Black or green olives – 4 to 5 sliced
- Prepare all the ingredients for the sandwich.
- Cook the chicken a little ahead of time and use it when at room temperature.
- Slit the bread, apply a spread of your choice on the bread slices.
- Place the lettuce leaves of your choice, followed by the sliced veggies and the cooked marinated chicken slices, add olives, parsley etc.
- Cover the sandwich and secure it well.
- Serve with a bowl of fresh tossed salad.
- Try using paneer tikka or cooked sliced mushrooms in place of chicken for veg options.
- A soy bean patty or a mini burger with mustard honey spread on the bread and slices of cucumber and tomato in a multigrain bread would be an ideal choice too.
- Double fried egg, lettuce leaves, slices of salami with a peanut butter spread is a good option too.