What you see me holding here is the Flight Data Recorder (FDR) or you may know it as the ‘black box’. The purpose of the FDR is to store important flight data and protect it when the aeroplane crashes.
The FDR can:
1. Withstanding up to 3400Gs of impact,
2. Deep-sea pressures to 6100m (20,000ft.),
3. And temperatures of up to 1100°C for 30 minutes.
Another highlighted part is the Underwater Locator Beacon (ULB). ULB is an ultrasonic beacon. It makes the FDR easier to find if it is underwater.
1. ULB activates when put into water,
2. Operates to a maximum depth of 6100m,
3. can operate for a minimum of 30 days.